Motorists are advised to expect heavy traffic and possible rerouting at the toll plazas surrounding the Philippine Arena in Bulacan on Tuesday.
The North Luzon Expressway Corporation (NLEX) issued this traffic advisory on Facebook and Twitter amid the start of the campaign period for 2022 national bets.
“Please expect heavy traffic and possible rerouting at the following toll plazas due to an event at Philippine Arena today, February 8, 2022,” NLEX said.
Please EXPECT HEAVY TRAFFIC and possible rerouting at the following toll plazas due to an event at Philippine Arena today, February 8, 2022. pic.twitter.com/SCYrO9KOUn
— NLEX Corporation (@NLEXexpressways) February 8, 2022
The toll plazas listed in the advisory are as follows:
- Ciudad de Victoria Northbound and Southbound Entries and Exits
- Marilao Northbound and Southbound Entries and Exits
- Bocaue Barrier
- Bocaue Interchange Northbound and Southbound Exits
- Tambubong Northbound Exit
- Balagtas Northbound Exit
- Tabang Northbound Exit
To prevent further inconvenience, NLEX advised motorists to take alternative routes, reload Easytrip cards and monitor live traffic updates.
“Take alternative routes and allot more time for travel. Watch out for live traffic updates @NLEXexpressways Facebook and Twitter pages,” it said.
“To minimize delays and inconvenience, make sure to reload your RFID accounts sufficiently and have your Easytrip card ready before your trip,” it added.
The Philippine Arena is considered the largest indoor arena in the country with a seating capacity of 55,000 people.
Presidential aspirant Ferdinand Marcos Jr. and his running mate Sara Duterte-Carpio will kick off their campaign rally in the venue on Tuesday at 4 p.m.
The campaign period for national positions and party-list groups starts from February 8 until May 7, 2022.
Commission on Elections spokesperson James Jimenez previously reminded candidates and their supporters of the new guidelines stated in Resolution 10732 for the safe conduct of campaigns during the still raging pandemic.
This new directive covers the following election activities and interactions:
- In-Person Campaign
- Caucuses, Meetings, and Conventions
- Motorcades and Caravans
- Miting De Avance
Bulacan is currently under Alert Level 2.
For areas under this alert level status, caucuses, meetings, conventions, rallies and miting de avance events are allowed up to 50% of the operational capacity of the venue only.
This applies to both indoor and outdoor areas.
Current alert level statuses will be in place until February 15.